Monday, February 22, 2010

Setup Home Modem Arris Motorola Home Networking Questions?

Home Networking Questions? - setup home modem arris motorola

I have a wireless router to a modem that you connect to the Internet to use in connection.

After moving into a new house, I received a notice that the wireless network is too far from my way of computers in the house, and I have to-Ethernet cable to use it.

I'm not sure what would be the optimal configuration. I'm trying to be Internet to reach speeds as high as possible. My team has the Marvell 88E8056 LAN chipset and a top speed 10/100/1000 LAN.

My best guess is to run a Cat 5 cable and my router patch on the computer. I will probably buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812601093.

Is this my best choice, or is there something better for about the same price? Furthermore, we assume that the wirerated at 550 Mhz. What does this mean and is it fair? I thought they run Cat6 Ethernet cable that high.

(Could you buy a separate card to be beneficial? I use my computer to play)

Comcast is my ISP. How do I know what my internet upload / download speed be classified?

(I was told buy my own modem would be advantageous because the Touchstone Telephony Modem [Arris Model TM602G/CT] The limits of my local Internet connection at 10 Mbps. Is that true, but my upload / download speeds are the highest scoring ? When I bought, it is easy to install, and I noticed a difference in speed to the Internet?)

Thank you for all the help
NNJZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment